Now Hiring Full-Time Police Officers
The Knox City Police Department is now hiring lateral and entry level full-time police officers. Join our force! Non-ILEA Certified Applicants must be able to successfully complete a written exam and a physical assessment upon the offer of employment and assignment of the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy.
Click here to download the job announcement.
What KPD Will Offer You!
- Starting pay for a Probationary Patrol Officer - $52,000 (first year)
- First Class Patrolman - $58,000
- Earn a $5,000 Signing Bonus!
- Longevity Pay ($200 per year after the 1st year)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation (after 1 year)
- Earned Sick Days (1 day a month)
- 1977 PERF Retirement
- Clothing Allowance ($1200 after first year)
- Take Home Vehicle
- Updated Beard & Tattoo Policy
- Must be a resident citizen of the United States.
- Applicants must be 21-40 years of age.
- Hold a valid Indiana Driver's license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must submit to an oral interview.
- Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation.
- No illegal use of any type of drugs two (2) years prior to applying.
- Never been convicted of domestic battery or felony charge.
- A dishonorable discharge from the military service shall disqualify the applicant.
Submit Your Application
Applications may be picked up at the Knox City Hall, Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, or for an email copy contact Chief Harold Smith at email@example.com.
Application deadline is Friday, June 30, 2023, at 4:00 pm. Applications can be dropped off at Knox City Hall or mialed to Knox City Police, 101 W Washington St, Knox, IN 46534. The Knox City Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.