Police Department Hiring
KNOX CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT is currently accepting applications for a full-time police officer. Applications may be picked up at the Knox City Hall, Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or for an email copy contact Chief Harold Smith at email@example.com. Submission deadline is Friday, January 31, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. Applications can be dropped off at
Knox City Hall or mailed to Knox City Police, 101 W Washington St., Knox, Indiana 46534.
1. Must be a resident citizen of the United States.
2. Applicants must be 21-35 years of age.
3. Hold a valid Indiana Driver’s License.
4. High School Diploma or equivalent.
5. Never been convicted for Domestic Battery or Felony Charge.
6. Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation.
7. Must submit to an oral interview.
8. No illegal use of any type of drugs two (2) years prior to applying.
9. A dishonorable discharge from the military service shall disqualify the applicant.
Starting pay for a Probationary Patrol Officer (first year) $42,876, after completing first year, First Class Patrolman $47,862.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation after 1 year
- Clothing Allowance
- Earned sick days (1 day a month)
- Perf Retirement
Non-ILEA Certified Applicants must be able to successfully complete a written exam and a physical assessment upon the offer of employment and assignment of the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy.
The Knox City Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.