City of Knox Directives for COVID-19
To continue to slow the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) Mayor Dennis Estok has announced the following restrictions to be effective immediately for the City of Knox.
In order to practice responsible social distancing and preventative measures, please use on-line or phone services whenever possible. We are here to answer your questions from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. and appreciate your cooperation during this time.
- Utility Payments - Please use the drop-box for utility payments or pay on-line through the City’s website at www.cityofknox.net. If you need assistance or have any questions, please call 574-772-3032.
- City Court Hearings are cancelled until further notice. Please use the drop-box for payment of tickets and/or violations, payments can also be paid on-line through the City’s website at www.cityofknox.net. If you need assistance or have any questions, please call 574-772-3766.
- Knox Community Center – The Community Center will be closed through the end of April. We will be evaluating the situation at the end of April to see if further closure is necessary. If you have rented this facility or a room, you will be contacted to be offered a refund or a chance to reschedule. If you have any questions, please call the Clerk-Treasurer’s office at 574-772-3032.
- The Girl Scout Cabin – The Girl Scout Cabin will no longer be available and will be closing permanently on April 30th. If you have rented this facility, you will be contacted and receive a refund for your rental. If you have any questions, please call the Clerk-Treasurer’s office at 574-772-3032.
- The Bluegrass Jam scheduled for March 27th has been cancelled.
- The Prayer Breakfast scheduled for May 7th has not been cancelled, however reservations are currently on hold until further notice.
Please be aware that these COVID-19 directives may continue to change as new information becomes available to us through Gov. Eric Holcomb’s office. We will continue to release these updates and keep you as informed as possible. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any further questions, you may call the Mayor’s office at 574-772-4553.